Have you ever gotten into a car accident? If you have, then you know it could cause you a lot of stress to have to deal with. If you were to hurt yourself in an accident, it’s important to know where to turn for a promising recovery. At New York Injury Associates, we will match you with a practitioner who will comply with your needs to ensure you are back to health. If you require a personal injury chiropractor in Riverhead, contact New York Injury Associates today and schedule your appointment!
What is a No-Fault Accident?
When two or more cars are involved in a collision, it can be hard to know whose fault it truly was. In a no-fault state, a person’s injury protection coverage will pay for medical costs and lost wages. However, individuals carry liability insurance and cover damages they cause to others if they are at fault in an accident. In an at-fault state, you submit a claim to the negligent party’s insurance company for your medical costs. But in a no-fault state, no matter who was responsible, you file a claim with your insurer for medical expenses. If you get into an accident, you should contact your insurance company and explain what happened to be on top of things! If you require a personal injury chiropractor in Riverhead, contact New York Injury Associates today!
Ways To Prevent An Accident With Personal Injury Chiropractor in Riverhead
Millions of individuals get into car crashes each year. The three different types of distracted driving include manual distraction (being distracted with your hands), visual distraction (being distracted with your eyes), and cognitive distraction (being distracted by your thought processes). Texting happens to be the leading cause of car accidents. Other causes include:
- Driving Buzzed– Many do not seem to understand that even just having a few drinks can impair your judgment. This can leave you with a DUI, which can ultimately cause you to lose your job.
- Speeding– Speeding results in 10,000 deaths per year. It’s easy to be running late and want to get to your destination on time, but when you drive over the speed limit, you’re driving at a speed the road is not built for and can easily lead to an accident.
- Don’t Tailgate– If you were to follow the car in front of you too closely, it could cause you to rear-end the vehicle.
- Parking Lots– Many people don’t understand how hectic parking lots can be. You have to be keeping an eye out for car doors swinging open, shopping carts, children darting around, and pedestrians walking to and from their cars.
- Wear a Seatbelt– Seat Belts are designed to keep you safe in a car. Not only does your seat belt keep you safe, but it also helps keep others around safe. Take that 2 seconds to put it on!
- Never Assume– Never assume another driver is going to stop, turn, or be as concerned about their surroundings as you. You cannot control how someone else is driving, so you should always check all around before deciding on the road.
- Make Sure Maintenance Is Up To Date– You have to make sure you have your car up to date with maintenance; your vehicle can suddenly fail while driving and can cause an accident.
Common Injuries Due To a Car Accident
Injuries in a car accident can either be impact injuries or penetrating injuries. Impact injuries happen when a body part makes hard contact with the vehicle’s interior. Penetrating injuries are injuries involving the cutting, laceration, or scraping of the skin.
If you were to get into a car crash, there is a good chance you would have some cuts and bruises. Common injuries from a car accident include:
- Soft Tissue Injuries– Soft tissue injuries are when there’s damage to the muscles, ligaments, or tendons from the connective tissue. It’s common to strain a muscle or damage the spine in an accident.
- Scraps and Cuts– Loose objects like cell phones or books can cause injury if they go flying during a collision. Broken glass and car parts can cause small scrapes or lacerations that require stitches, while airbags can also cause cuts and scrapes during deployment.
- Head Injuries– Whiplash is the most common injury. Impact on the driver-side window or the steering wheel can cause serious bruises and scrapes. A severe impact can lead to closed head injuries, where the contents of the skull incur damage. It’s possible to get a concussion or a more serious closed-head injury that may result in permanent brain damage. Head injuries typically do not show bruises or symptoms. Changes in irritability, memory problems, or personality that did not exist before are the way to tell.
- Chest Injuries– Common chest injuries typically include broken ribs and damage to internal organs. It’s common to suffer chest injuries due to the small space between the passenger’s chest and the steering wheel.
- Arm and Leg Injuries– A sudden direction change or stop can result in injury to the arms and legs. Passengers in the front seat usually hit their knees on the dashboard, and can cause cuts and bruises to the arms and legs from the impact.
How NYIA Can Help: Personal Injury Chiropractor in Riverhead
At New York Injury Associates, our doctors provide evaluations and treatment in Chiropractic, Orthopedic, Neurological Care, Physical Therapy, Pain Management, and much more. We offer same-day care and advanced scheduled appointments. We can help attorneys and patients dealing with a no-fault injury save money and have a full recovery!
If you need a personal injury chiropractor in Riverhead, contact New York Injury Associates today and schedule your appointment!