Steps To Take Following An Auto Accident
When you get into an auto accident, there are certain steps you need to be aware of first. Safety is a priority when you are either in your cars or bikes. At New York Injury Associates, we help our clients to follow the law and get their rights through our auto accident doctor in Amityville.
How are injuries caused by an auto accident?
- Aggressive driving
- Driving while consumption of alcohol/drugs
- Distracted driving
- Over speeding
- Wrong-way driving
- Tire blowouts
What do you need to do if you face an auto accident?
To make sure if there are any actions needed to be taken if you face any issues during an accident. You need to know the following steps before you contact an auto accident doctor in Amityville:
- Check yourself if you have any injuries– it is important to make sure that you are not injured in any part of your body. If you are, your first action should be to call 911. If you are not capable of calling 911, make sure you tell someone to do it for you.
- Check if your passengers are in a good condition– if you can move and look around, make sure you check your passengers because there might be a chance they may be hurt.
- Pullover to a safe place- if you are not hurt but it is just your car that has been crashed or dented. You should pull over to a safe place where you are not causing any traffic. You can turn your hazard lights on so others can slow down.
- Take pictures- if anything happens to your vehicle by another car, make sure you have evidence so you can show the police.
- Exchange information- after you check that no one is hurt, you need to exchange contact and the information with the other driver. For example, full name, contact information, insurance company, policy number, etc.
- Protect your rights- consulting an attorney is mostly beneficial because they will help you with your evidence so your case is not destroyed.
Contact Our Auto Accident Doctor in Amityville!
At New York Injury Associates, we are willing to help our clients through awareness. Our Auto accident doctor in Amityville at NYIA is a multidisciplinary group focused on providing medical assistance to patients and assisting in legal cases when possible. Our primary goal is to help patients and our clients so they are advanced with whatever they need. Do not hesitate to give us a call or email us!