If you have fallen at work, the first thing to do is seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think your injuries are severe, it’s essential to get checked out by a doctor right away. Doing so will ensure that potential issues can be identified and addressed before they become more serious. At New York Injury Associates, injury doctors in Brookhaven, we advise you to follow these five steps after falling at work:
1. Document the Accident: Take pictures of your fall site and any injuries you suffered. Be sure to capture everything in detail, as this will help you prove what happened in case legal action is necessary.
2. Notify Your Employer: Inform your employer of the incident right away by submitting a written report. Ensure to provide as much detail as possible and keep a copy of the document for your records.
3. File a Claim: File a workers’ compensation claim immediately to get the benefits you are entitled to. In some cases, consulting with an attorney may also be beneficial.
4. Monitor Your Health: Pay attention to any changes in your health that may be related to your fall. See a doctor if you experience any new or worsening symptoms, as this could indicate more serious issues.
5. Take Time Off Work: Take some time off work to recover and allow yourself enough time.
Falls can cause serious injuries and long-term complications if not addressed promptly. Taking the proper steps after a workplace fall is essential for ensuring your health and safety. By following the tips outlined above, you can protect yourself and ensure justice is served if needed. If you have recently fallen at work and are looking for injury doctors in Brookhaven, see us today and schedule an appointment!
Common Injuries from falling at work can include:
It is important to seek medical attention immediately after a fall in order to prevent long-term complications or further injury. If someone else’s negligence caused the accident, it is even more critical that you get help from an attorney. Schedule an appointment with the best injury doctors in Brookhaven!
As no-fault doctors, we understand how important working with attorneys is for patients who have suffered a workplace fall. We provide comprehensive, detailed evaluations so that the facts of your case can be presented accurately in court. We also collaborate with attorneys to ensure that our patients receive the best possible outcome based on their circumstances. We have experienced professionals trained to handle all types of injuries that occur due to workplace falls. Contact us today if you are dealing with injuries from an on-the-job fall!
We are the best no-fault doctors on Long Island and New York City and have a team of experienced professionals trained to handle all types of injuries due to workplace falls. We are happy to be at work each day. We love meeting patients and seeing them get back to full strength. Contact us today if you or someone you know has suffered an on-the-job fall! We are the premier injury doctors in Brookhaven!
Remember to be safe at work and take proper precautions. If an accident does happen, follow the steps mentioned above to ensure that your rights and best interests are protected. With our experienced professionals on your side, you can rest assured that we will do everything in our power to help you get back to work as soon as possible. If you need an injury doctors Brookhaven, visit our website today!